Friday, July 16, 2010

How about a brief trip through my closet?

I have to share with the husband, uggg, I know, right? Luckily, he is pretty generous with the space and I usually move my strictly winter (during summer) and strictly summer (during winter) to one of the spare bedroom closets. So that helps.

As you can see, my closet is not exactly clutter free. And this is at a point when I consider it pretty neat. I'm a major neat freak, but for whatever reason that does not apply to my closet or my car, those are the exceptions. But when I'm having a particularly wound day, I tend to clean those to things. It's like I save them for when I really need to feel I've accomplished something. I don't know.

Anyway, I don't organize by color. I organize by item. Pants, skirts, sweaters, jackets, blouses, everyday tops and cami's. I tend to want to look for a particular type of item before the color, so this works for me. The laundry basket in the picture is stuff that is about to be donated. The three-drawer stack hold purses and the cages hold tennis shoes, boots and the husbands shoes.
You can see below, I kinda like shoes. And that doesn't even include my boots and most of the sandals. This picture is from when I was working in an office setting so there are lots of pointy toed pumps. I work from home now, so the collection has evolved a little, but not much. I will wear a fab shoe anywhere. I've also added lots of booties with the recent trend. Wow, I just looked more closely at that picture, I only still own eight pair that are pictured! I really need to get up a new photo for this.

Don't forget to enter the Day 2 of the Sizzlin' Summer Giveaway Week at Bon Bon Rose Girls. There is a beautiful layered necklace from Alex Keller, a cordless flat iron, perfect for the woman on the go from Misikko and so much more.


3 comments:

  1. You have some HOT little shoes, girl!! When my niece comes over she always gazes at my shoe collection. One time my boyfriend asked her why and she answered, "Because Auntie has such pretty shoes!" lol.

    I found you browsing the Rosebuds list. Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! And can you come make my closet as organized as yours? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organize my closet by item too! So helpful when I'm running late and need to throw an outfit together in a hurry!

    :)

    -Desiree
    The Frugalista Fatshionista
    FrugalistaFatshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete