Friday, July 23, 2010

M.I.A

I've been blogging my style for all of a few weeks and I've already gone M.I.A. Well, let's just say I've had a tough week. Like really tough. But I'm over it and ready to move on. Because of my week, I only have one outfit photographed for you. I also organized my jewelry last week though, so we'll just make this a hodgepodge of a post.

Here is one of my favorite spring/summer outfits.
Maxi dress from NY & Company. I LOVE this dress and I am so very sad that they don't stock it anymore because I really regret not getting it in a second color to save for when this one is worn out. I got it for just $30, too. Steal! I also really love this soldier-style denim jacket that I'm wearing with it; also from NY & Company. It's my go-to summer take-a-long item.

This outfit also features my items for the $10 shopping challenge. I got the silver bangles for $1 at a flea market and the black beaded bracelet was $7, I bought it at a local hair salon.







I spent several evenings last weekend organizing my jewelry. I have a lot of costume jewelry. I'm thinking about making a reader giveaway out of some of it. What do you guys think?

I should have taken a before picture of my dresser. It was a huge mess. Now I have my black antique glove box on top of my jewelry box. That holds items that are in need of repair. The jewelry box holds everyday items. Long costume necklaces are hung from one of the curly-q's on the mirror and then earrings are on their holder, suspended from another curly-q on the mirror with a re- purposed costume necklace that I never wear.







No comments:

Post a Comment