Thursday, November 25, 2010

15/30--A Re-Mix Fail, Saved

I'm trying to have a bit more fun with my pictures. I hope it reads well today and not lame:)


Day 15: Half Way!

While getting dressed this morning, I knew it was supposed to be warm-ish and windy, so the hair went back and I wanted to be comfortable. I nearly committed a re-mixing fail by wearing an outfit that consisted of challenge items, but not re-mixed at all. At the last second, I decided to swap my leggings for skinny jeans and my boots for pumps. I left on my black socks. I think it worked just fine. I added my hot pink scarf and bundled it up tight around my neck to cover that bit of exposed chest. Right before I was about to leave I noticed how sunny it was outside so I grabbed my shades to complete the outfit.


These jeans have little silver studs that go all the way down each leg. I thought they might be a bit too much with this sweater, but I think I was wrong. I'm surrounded by people that are not very creative with their clothes and they don't take chances or mix patterns/colors/embellishments, so sometimes I worry that I'm a little over-the-top. I need to get over that and not worry about what other people might think of my outfit. I think I succeeded with that when I wore my green tights the other day.


Do you ever do that? Worry about other peoples style modifiers defining you and what you wear? How do you get over it?



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic outfit!! The socks totally work! And its such a fun outfit too! Ugh, I definitely let other people's style modifiers defining what I wear! I guess I'm trying to get over it by blogging, and sharing what I really want to wear with all the other wonderful bloggers! Oh, and I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! The sweater is amazing. The flowing panels work really well with the stripes, the tight jeans, the heels... You pulled everything together nicely!

    People have often asked me why I am so "dressed up" (usually for classes) and I finally stopped caring. It is liberating! Everyone has different priorities, preferences and style - why let someone dictate that for you? Don't worry about other people! Do what pleases you.

    I wear a lot of bright colors too and it can definitely look out of place in the sea of black but I enjoy it and that's that!

    Guess I'm not too helpful in the steps to achieving the "I don't care" attitude. Baby steps? Keep challenging yourself to step outside of your comfort zone or the arbitrary lines of what others deem acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halfway! Woohoo!
    I work for a school district that does not have a dress code for teachers. My previous district did and so I still have that mindset. It is hard sometimes for me to be all dressed up and see that my coworkers are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. But, it is still important to me that I dress professionally for my students.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete