Thursday, November 11, 2010

3/30 and 4/30

So I got busy yesterday and a post just never happened. I took the pictures, though, thank goodness!


I present to you, day 3/30:
This is not an adventurous outfit for me. I wear this combo often. The only adjustments I really make with it is swapping out black leggings for brown and brown boots for black. That's about as crazy as I get with this piece. The tunic is from Mark. I really like it, the material is great, very light. The fit is a bit off though. It's a tad big in the bust and a tad small at the hips. Not
so much that I can't wear it, but enough that I notice. It has a zipper all the way down the front. I love the look of the zipper, but I wish it was double ended so that I could notch it up a bit at the bottom when I sit. As is, I get the zipper bubble, which is annoying.

I accessorized with my dark brown poncho, which doubled as my coat for the day and some dangly earrings. I was lazy and pulled up my hair and skipped my contact lenses. I love my poncho. It's great for a cold office and for wearing as a coat when it's not super cold. My husband makes fun of it and calls it my blanket. But believe me, there have been times when we have been out somewhere and it was chilly and he became jealous of my blanket.

Moving on to day 4/30:
I am beyond in love with my outfit today and I think it shows on my face in the pictures. I definitely rolled with the spirit of 30 for 30 mixing today, because I never would have mixed this outfit this way before. Ignore the hair and glasses, I employed the L-Factor again today. That's my hubby's term for laziness.

I wanted to be a bit dressed up, yet keep my edge (I'm so lame that I think leggings under my dress is edge). I love this printed dress with this brown jacket. I think it's very slimming for some reason. I added the black leggings because I didn't feel like doing tights and my ruffled brown booties. I love these shoes because they are somewhat chameleon-like in that depending on what you pair them with they can look grey or brown.

I accessorized with my Alex and Ani bangles and some fun earrings.

How do you accessorize with heavily patterned pieces?

I employed major pattern on my primary items both yesterday and today and I feel like I got a little timid with the accessories. I had a brown scarf with me today in case I got chilly, but I didn't need it.

2 comments:

  1. I love those outfits!! The first one looks really comfy AND cute! I just love those boots too! And I LOVE that dress in your second outfit! I think it looks great with the leggings too! I'm kinda random with my accessorizing, so its hard to say! Sometimes I go all out, other times I just seem to forget that I own accessories! I'm trying to do better, but I still forget sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with those gray shoes. Yay for a feeling of remix success!!

    I'm still overly intimidated by remixing my 30. I think that's why I copped out today. Tomorrow I'll be braver, like you!!

    ReplyDelete