Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 2 -- Monochromatic

Today, I was apparently in a monochromatic mood. I'm not really sure how it happened, it just did. I easily could have swapped my necklace for something else and same for the boots, but I really just kind of liked it the way it was. I hope you do too. I had a meeting today, so I needed to get a little more dressed up than usual.

The sweater is from Target. Boots from JC Penny. Necklace from NY&Co a long time ago. Hair clip is something I've had since I was about 10 years old.

The dress is the key mixing piece here, I think. It's from Fashion Bug. I got this dress for a whopping $4 about a month ago. I added it to the challenge because it's so very simple. I figured it would be a good piece for mixing in a multitude of ways. So far, so good. It's just an easy tank dress with a slightly sinched waist.






I also went on a quest to find a better photo location. My spare bedroom was always perfect, but lately the camera can't figure out if it needs the flash or not and it's driving me batty. I'm thinking maybe the lighting is being affected by the time change. I guess that's a possibility. So I tried my office. Pretty good. Lighting is better, but I think the color of the walls is a bit too much flair for a decent picture. It takes away from the clothes in my opinion.














I decided to try one more place before putting the camera way. I tried the upstairs hallway. I actually like this lighting the best here. The wall is a tad more neutral, so I think that helps a lot. But I can't seem to get a good angle to get my whole body. Grrr.

Maybe I should try out on my back deck for some out doors photos. Nice thought now that it's in the 50's here in Michigan, huh!









I also grabbed a tight shot of my necklace and my hair clip today. No particular reason. I just like them both. The necklace looks a bit more red in this picture than it does in person. It's much more of a wine color.

8 comments:

  1. Boots are pretty cute! :)
    http://www.selectedtreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit!! Monochromatic looks are always fun too! I love the boots and necklace too! Good luck finding a photo location! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been braving the outdoors and I keep getting caught. Totally embarrassing.

    http://greetingsfromseattlewa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, So glad to see you out and about and posting again. Hopefully that means your schedule has calmed down a little. By the way, I loved you and your wife's matching costumes. They were super cute.

    Emily, That's exactly what I'm afraid of, getting caught! I'll be out there with my tripod and my 75 year old neighbor will walk out and ask what the heck I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favorite color!!

    My neighbors are getting used to me taking photos of myself. I think they think I'm very vain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all struggle with settings and light and posing but it's rewarding when later you can see how much you improved. Have you been to Crete, already?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, we did not get to Crete. So that was the thought is we will do Crete and the Ionian islands on our second trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY cute outfit! I love the boots and the cardi, and they match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete