Friday, October 29, 2010

Casual Chic.

Honestly, what does that mean? A friend of mine told me last night that an event she is going to says "Casual Chic" on the invitation for the dress code. It got me thinking, what exactly does that mean? I feel like everyone is using it as the dress code for their events lately. The first thing that pops into my mind is a funky, somewhat dressy top, fitted jeans and hot shoes. But, I imagine there are some people that do not think jeans, fitted or not, are acceptable at events.

For instance, I feel like my outfit for work today almost fits the Casual Chic bill. I would probably dress up the jewelry a little more and add a fun clutch, but otherwise, I feel pretty casual, yet chic in this outfit.

**Pretty please, pay no attention to my hair and face in this photo. I had not yet straightened my hair or put on make up. I was going to take a new picture after I was finished, but my batteries died, so you are stuck with the frumpy head.**

Lace cardi, Target. I think it's got just the right amount of funky-prettiness to it. The tank is actually a little sparkly, this picture does not capture that. The skinny jeans have studs down the legs for a little flair and the shoes, I think, speak for themselves. A nice heal, a little point and patent leather.

What does Casual Chic mean to you?

1 comment:

  1. Well, that outfit is super cute no matter what other labels apply! And those are fabulous shoes! It is so frustrating "decoding" dress codes like that! I think my definition of "casual chic" is pretty similar to yours. I would definitely count "dressy" jeans: a really dark wash or a trouser jean would also count. :)

    ReplyDelete