Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Saga of the Grey Boots

I imagine by now that if you read Be Styled with even the most remote amount of regularity, you are aware of the grey boots. Finally, the conclusion to the saga.

I decided to send them back. They were exactly what I wanted, just way too big. I was a little put off by the expensive shipping to return the boots. It might not have been so bad if I hadn't paid so much to have them shipped to me and it taking nearly 10 days. Okay, shipping rant over.

I've been on the prowl for grey boots ever since. I found some at Payless that were fabulous, but they didn't have the grey in extended calf sizes. They do carry the black and brown in extended. I decided to head down to my local Avenue store so I could try things on in person. I tried on the original grey boots in a 7, but still too wide. That's a whole other problem I have with tall boots. The extended calf sizes are all-to-often also wide width in the shoe part--which I don't need! So I'll find a boot that fits in the calf and is too big in the foot. So frustrating. After shopping around though, I found two pair that fit me both in the shoe and in the calf. Neither of them were grey, so that was disappointing, since that was my original criteria, but they are both fabulous. And since it was BOGO, I treated myself to both.
Tall Boots
Tall Boots by Sara 2579 on Polyvore.com

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the grey boots, I hate it when I find something that's PERFECT but just doesn't fit exactly right! But it looks like you got two super cute pairs of boots that fit! Yay! I hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt. Hope your week is going well, too.

    ReplyDelete