Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Going Out.

First of all, I must apologize for the quality of my pictures today. The batteries in my camera were dying and I couldn't find any new ones. I would get one picture and it would turn off! So I got one picture of the full outfit that was clear, but my pose was terrible, and I got one picture that is a bit blurred, but I think I look better in it--so you get that one:)
This was an evening look that I threw on to go out for drinks and Monday Night Football with some friends. There was no need for me to wear my jersey because my allegiances lie firmly with the Chicago Bears and they had already won on Sunday, so I could play with my look a little more than jeans and my football jersey.
I got this fab plum colored, studded tank at Target. I didn't try it on and thought it would be a little longer, more tunic-like. But I still like it a lot. I paired it with my thrifted grey cascading cardi--one of my very few successful thrifting finds--and my black skinnies. Topped it off with my mismatched self-made earrings from earlier in the day and silver Seychelles flats.
I have to take a minute to talk about Seychelles shoes*. I love them. They are incredibly comfortable and always stylish. I have four pair that I have acquired over the years. I'd have more, but they are a little tough to find. DSW usually has a few styles and Dillard's carries them sometimes. The pair I'm wearing in this picture, I actually found in a little specialty boutique while on a trip to Atlanta. They now sell them on their website though, so it just got a little easier.


Trying to get a detail shot of the studding on the tank. Probably didn't get it switched to close-up shot because of the battery issue.

I also tried to grab a snap of my makeup for the night. Unfortunately, my brows got cut off and the camera was totally dead after this. I went for a slightly dramatic eye with a black shadow liner, smudged and blended with a sparkly light brown from my favorite Sephora palette. The one I linked is the same palette style, but different colors. They don't seem to have the colors that I have anymore. I finished with a nude gloss lip. I'm lucky enough to have a little pinkish tone to my lips, so I can get away with a heavy eye and light lip.
*I was not compensated in any way for this review. I really do just love the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment