Monday, October 11, 2010

Mix n' Match

I got some cute new booties at DSW last week. I have been dying to wear them and finally did today. I've been struggling with my fall fashion this year because it has been unseasonably warm here in Michigan. Don't get me wrong, I like not needing a coat, but just 10 degrees cooler would be perfect, because then I could get out all of my tights, leggings, sweaters and boots.
I decided to mix patterns a little with these tights from NY & Co. and the plaid Diba booties. Some people would probably think the two patterns is too much, but I like it and let's face it, I'm dressing for me and my style, not other people. Whoa, that sounded so angsty!
The rest of the outfit is a black kimono dress from Target that I got on clearance for just $8! A steal. I really need to hop online and see if they have more. For that price, I'll order and save it. It's such a classic piece. It's layered over an American Eagle boyfriend tank and the bag is from DSW as well.

The earrings I'm featuring today are a mix and match pair that I made myself. By no means do I consider myself a jewelry maker, but I like to make simple earrings using a pair of needle nose pliers. I buy the fish hooks at Michael's and sometimes I take apart earrings and mix up the pieces to make my own, sometimes I buy beads at Michael's and in the case of the purple bead, sometimes I make glass flame worked beads. I took a few classes at the local art
museum so I have a plethora of pretty glass beads. I never made any matching sets of glass beads, so they usually get mixed and matched like this. I just try to keep the earrings the same length.



2 comments:

  1. Hi!Sara.Thank for your commenting!I know your feelings about being warm for so long!It's tiring and frustrating. Certainly not good news for the planet.
    I like that you make your own earrings.It's creative and saves money.I try to make my own clothes.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angie - You make your own clothes? Wow, now that is talent! I never really learned to sew. I always got frustrated too easily. Same with knitting. I just get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete