Monday, October 18, 2010

Flashing Back to the 90's

Not gonna lie, I love 90's fashion. Probably because I was between the ages of 10 and 19 during that decade. It was a critical fashion exploration time for me. I'm kinda enamored of all the 90's styles that are coming back in to fashion. Today, I did a little clearance shopping at Target and put together a fabulous little 90's-inspired look.

The lace boyfriend sweater is what started the look. It's $20 at Target.com, but in my local store it was only $13! Then I found the fabulous floral dress for just $10. I couldn't find the exact one on target.com or polyvore, so I added something really similar for this set. The only unfortunate thing is that the dress is really more of a tunic. I could never wear it without leggings for very opaque tights. I will probably style it with booties and minimal jewelry. Although, I could really amp up the 90's feel with some combat boots or clogs. Unfortunately, I donated any that I owned about five years ago. Really regret that right about now.

The 90's

The 90's by Sara 2579


2 comments:

  1. Hah, I'm totally in love with 90's fashion too, and I guess its because I was in a similar age range! Its even worse because I didn't really get to enjoy the fashions properly the first time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 90s ,too.I was a bit to the grunge side .Isn't that strange when you donate smth you have no use for that after a while you can figure out a lot of ways to style it?

    ReplyDelete