Saturday, October 30, 2010

Clearance Shopping

I was going through my closet the other day and realized I was seriously lacking in the layering tank department. I use to rely heavily on the AE Boyfriend Tank for layering and I still do wear them, like I did with my red sweater, but they can skew a bit to casual sometimes. I have some nice tanks like the one I was wearing yesterday, but I didn't seem to have any that were plain enough to truly be versatile. So I did a little shopping. Some in person at Target while the husband was trying on jeans, you know at his twice-a-year shopping outing. I'm not even kidding, the man shops for himself twice a year, at most. Usually a new pair of jeans, a pair of work pants, a few casual shirts, a few work shirts and a few crossover shirts. That's it! I would never make it.
Sale Shopping

Sale Shopping by Sara 2579

Back to my shopping, because let's be honest, it's much more interesting. I think it's clear from the polyvore set that I needed some neutrals. I snagged the black lace layering tank and the skinny jeans at Target for $10 each. The other tanks are all from Forever 21 online; four tanks and the embellished tunic for under $40. So I got everything in this set for under $50! I call that shopping success.

Now, I'm challenging myself to not buy any more clothes until the new year. We'll see if I make it.

2 comments:

  1. My husband does the same and then only if I bug him that he needs something new.I thing basic layering pieces are the corner stone of a well made wardrobe.They don't star but they are functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting caught up on blogs! And thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you've left on my blog too! Wow, that looks like a great shopping trip with some good deals on great basics! Sometimes I have a hard time convincing myself to get layering basics, but they really are so handy to have! I also have to add Maurices has a great basic cami and they constantly have a pretty good rotating selection of colors on them too! Good luck on the shopping ban! I really need to do better myself! :)

    ReplyDelete